Sunday, October 24, 2010

Night 4: Yes, that was a "Potent Pacific Storm"

Sadly, I have no pictures or videos of surviving the Seattle Tempest last night - I was too focused on huddling up against the deck wall, trying to be as far away from the windblown deluge as possible.  I've never heard rain pour so hard in Seattle - I actually wondered whether the awning overhead would somehow get seared open from the rain's force.  Completely irrational I know, but the rain was nuts.

I actually woke up this morning warm and cozy, but my blanket was definitely soaked and the sheet over the air mattress featured a few water pools.  I imagine this will be the most difficult night of Net Strike, but with a weather forecast like this, promising of "rain, thunder, and wind," it's anyone's game. Bring it Night 5.  Bring it Net Strike.


Take care,
Nancy




Net STRIKE!  I'm sleeping outside under a bednet in Seattle so children in Tanzania can too.  I'll sleep out on the deck, bednet overhead, until November 4 (i.e., when I leave for the NYC marathon) or $10,000 is raised for my Team Malaria No More fundraising campaign, Lives for Lubomba.  To support this campaign, simply scroll down the page to the button "Click Here to Donate Now."  Thanks so much for your support, "saving" me and children's lives in Tanzania.