Friday, October 22, 2010

Night 2: Let the Rain Games Begin

After a day full of excitement (i.e., I was within a foot of Obama when he decided to greet people near the Top Pot Donuts 1.5 blocks from my work - AND a coworker, who was there when he actually went into Top Pot and ordered 2 dozen assorted for his crew and a pumpkin old fashioned for himself, snapped the photo to the right) and lows (i.e., I managed to lose both my phone and wallet over the course of two days, with the latter occurring on the bus - exactly what I need as I'm heading off to NYC soon) at the office, I hoped that Night 2 of Net Strike would be uneventful - in spite of Seattle's ominous weather forecast.

While I ended up sleeping quite well, I definitely woke up a little dewy, and if not downright wet in some places (may my NYTimes Crossword Puzzle book rest in peace).  You can see where my mattress was - and clearly wasn't on - my deck this morning.


Well, I do live in Seattle and it is October - it's going to rain.  Hopefully some generous souls will think of "saving" me soon...or I'll just get a good soaking for the next 12 days.  Either way.


Alright, I'm off to work and a day spent looking forward to a misty sleep under the Seattle rain clouds...

Happy Friday!
Nancy


Net STRIKE!  I'm sleeping outside under a bednet in Seattle so children in Tanzania can too.  I'll sleep out on the deck, bednet overhead, until November 4 (i.e., when I leave for the NYC marathon) or $10,000 is raised for my Team Malaria No More fundraising campaign, Lives for Lubomba.  To support this campaign, simply scroll down the page to the button "Click Here to Donate Now."  Thanks so much for your support, "saving" me and children's lives in Tanzania.